Alternative ways to order repeat prescription
- In Person, in writing – preferably using the computer-generated side-slip, ticking each item required. Prescription requests can be dropped in the letter box outside the practice.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure to provide the patient’s full name, date of birth and medication required.
- Community Pharmacy: Ask your local pharmacies about their collection/delivery services for repeat prescriptions and requesting prescriptions on your behalf.
Please note: as a routine we do not accept requests over the telephone
Please allow 2 full working days (this does not include weekends or bank holidays) for your prescription to be processed, checked and signed.
Any prescriptions will be issued at the doctors’ discretion. You may be asked to speak to a GP, a practice nurse or our clinical pharmacist before an acute or repeat prescription is issued. This is to ensure safe prescribing.
Please make sure you request repeat prescriptions in plenty of time as we cannot process repeats as emergencies.
We’ve noticed that a few patients are frequently running low on their medication, and we want to ensure that our practice operates as smoothly as possible. To help us maintain the quality of care for all patients, we kindly ask everyone to be mindful of ‘urgent’ medication requests.
Our reception staff may need to ask additional questions when processing these requests, but please understand that this is to ensure your healthcare needs are met appropriately. In some cases, the GP may need to review the request before approval. A record is kept of such requests, and may well be refused by the GP.
How to collect your prescription
- The Surgery provides an Electronic Prescribing Service where the prescription is sent electronically directly to the chemist of your choice.
- You can nominate your chosen pharmacy directly with them or alternatively, you can inform the team at the practice.
- Clockwork Pharmacy: 020 7837 5753
- 161 Caledonian Road, N1 0SL
- Clockwork Pharmacy: 020 7607 4525
Caledonian Road, N1 1EF
- P Edward: 020 7607 4338
324 Caledonian Road, N1 1BB
- Endo Chemist: 020 7837 1430
70 Chapel Market, Islington, N1 9ER
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.