What is Social Prescribing?
Our social prescribing service strives to empower you to take charge of your health and well-being.
The GP Practice Healthcare Team provides Social prescribing services through a Link Worker. Link Workers assists you in discovering personalised methods to boost your well-being. The Link worker will help you find ways to improve how you feel in a way that suits you.
The Link Worker helps individuals find local support and activities for their wellbeing. They work with Islington Council, NHS, and the voluntary sector to connect you to tailored resources. They offer emotional support, practical help, and advice.
You must be over 16 years old to use the service.
What could a Link Worker support you with?
- Housing, benefits, financial support and advice
- Finances and debt
- Creative and outdoor activities
- Befriending, counselling and other support groups
- Involvement in local groups and activities
- Healthy lifestyle and physical activity
- Social and learning opportunities
- Work, training and volunteering
- Education and learning
What are the benefits?
- Reduced isolation and loneliness
- Lower stress and anxiety
- Improve quality of life
- More motivation, mood and energy
- More confidence
- Finding local activities and services, and help you access them
- Have a more active lifestyle
How do I get an appointment with a Link Worker?
To be referred to the Social Prescribing service, visit or contact your GP practice or fill out an e-Consult form
A healthcare professional or reception staff member from your GP Practice team will provide a referral for you.
The Link Worker will reach out to you via phone within 5 working days from the referral date to discuss the referral. During the call, the Link Worker may suggest meeting you either at your GP practice or another local venue.
To provide you with the best possible care, the Link Worker will need access your complete medical records, but only if you grant consent during the initial referral process.
You can also self-refer with AgeUK Islington and their services on 0207 281 6018